Bulgaria Registers Its 1st Domain in Cyrillic
The first address using a .бг domain, in Cyrillic letters, has appeared on the Internet.
It comes nearly two years after the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) approved Bulgaria's national domain. Initially there was some uncertainty over whether the request would be granted as .бг bears some visual similarities to Brazil's already registered ".br".
Имена.бг ("names") is the first Bulgarian web address available entirely in Cyrillic.
The Ministry of Transport, Information Technology and Communications has said it is setting up a list that will "lock" names of state institutions and municipalities, like софия.бг (the name of the capital Sofia in Cyrillic) or президент.бг. ("president.bg") to avoid any registrations that could potentially tarnish these institutions' reputation.
After the list has been filled, the registration process for those willing to have use the .бг domain will begin. Priority will be given to trademarks or company names and other applicants whose name request is "well-founded" by similar reasons.
- » Trakia Highway May Be Flooded Soon due to a Cracked Dam
- » The Declared State of Emergency in Strelcha Has Been Canceled
- » Intense Traffic at 5 Border Checkpoints
- » On Saturday (June 29th), All Lifts in Pamporovo Will be Free of Charge
- » The Storm in Sofia Caused Heavy Damages
- » Energy Minister Temenuzhka Petkova Will Visit the Maritsa East 2 TPP