Bulgaria Registers Its 1st Domain in Cyrillic
The first address using a .бг domain, in Cyrillic letters, has appeared on the Internet.
It comes nearly two years after the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) approved Bulgaria's national domain. Initially there was some uncertainty over whether the request would be granted as .бг bears some visual similarities to Brazil's already registered ".br".
Имена.бг ("names") is the first Bulgarian web address available entirely in Cyrillic.
The Ministry of Transport, Information Technology and Communications has said it is setting up a list that will "lock" names of state institutions and municipalities, like софия.бг (the name of the capital Sofia in Cyrillic) or президент.бг. ("president.bg") to avoid any registrations that could potentially tarnish these institutions' reputation.
After the list has been filled, the registration process for those willing to have use the .бг domain will begin. Priority will be given to trademarks or company names and other applicants whose name request is "well-founded" by similar reasons.
- » Gas Leak? Traffic in Downtown Sofia is Blocked
- » The Dam from which Pernik Gets its Drinking Water will Reach a Dead Volume in 2 Weeks
- » British Scientists Accidentally Made a Breakthrough and May Have Found a Cure for Cancer
- » The First Case of a Coronavirus in Taiwan
- » Bulgarian Food Agency Banned 50 Tonnes of Salmonella-Contaminated Poultry Meat
- » UN: Almost Half a Billion People are Unemployed or Have no Access to a Good Job