Bulgaria Registers Its 1st Domain in Cyrillic
The first address using a .бг domain, in Cyrillic letters, has appeared on the Internet.
It comes nearly two years after the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) approved Bulgaria's national domain. Initially there was some uncertainty over whether the request would be granted as .бг bears some visual similarities to Brazil's already registered ".br".
Имена.бг ("names") is the first Bulgarian web address available entirely in Cyrillic.
The Ministry of Transport, Information Technology and Communications has said it is setting up a list that will "lock" names of state institutions and municipalities, like софия.бг (the name of the capital Sofia in Cyrillic) or президент.бг. ("president.bg") to avoid any registrations that could potentially tarnish these institutions' reputation.
After the list has been filled, the registration process for those willing to have use the .бг domain will begin. Priority will be given to trademarks or company names and other applicants whose name request is "well-founded" by similar reasons.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » For the First Time in Four Years Endangered Tigers Have Been Spotted in Thailand
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 195 Newly Registered Cases in 5837 PCR Tests
- » Plane Crashes While Landing in Kerala, India
- » Bulgaria: State of Emergancy Declared in Harmanli, Haskovo, Dimitrovgrad and Topolovgrad, Part of Maritsa Motorway is Closed
- » Ophthalmologist from Bulgaria Has Been Nominated for the Most Beloved Doctor in Austria
- » Germany Drawns Up Interesting Measures to Protect Insects