Bulgaria Registers Its 1st Domain in Cyrillic
The first address using a .бг domain, in Cyrillic letters, has appeared on the Internet.
It comes nearly two years after the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) approved Bulgaria's national domain. Initially there was some uncertainty over whether the request would be granted as .бг bears some visual similarities to Brazil's already registered ".br".
Имена.бг ("names") is the first Bulgarian web address available entirely in Cyrillic.
The Ministry of Transport, Information Technology and Communications has said it is setting up a list that will "lock" names of state institutions and municipalities, like софия.бг (the name of the capital Sofia in Cyrillic) or президент.бг. ("president.bg") to avoid any registrations that could potentially tarnish these institutions' reputation.
After the list has been filled, the registration process for those willing to have use the .бг domain will begin. Priority will be given to trademarks or company names and other applicants whose name request is "well-founded" by similar reasons.
- » Turkey Opened an Amusement Park, 3 Times Larger Than Disney's Magic Kingdom
- » Three New Cases of African Swine Fever in Wild Boars in Bulgaria
- » Microsoft Stops Windows 7
- » Bulgaria's Chief Health Inspector: Lack of Staff is the most Serious Problem in Health Care
- » Forum "Women. Technology. Time" Held in Sofia
- » Clear Sky until Noon, some Clouds later Today in East Bulgaria, Highs Between 14-19°C