American English Academy Ends School Year with Grand Ceremony
The American English Academy, Sofia, Bulgaria, has marked the end of the school year with a festive ceremony in the school's concert hall.
As many as 200 students, taught from kindergarten to the 12th grade in different programs offered by the school (international, bilingual education system and kindergarten), finished the year.
As tradition has it, the ceremony began with a solemn parade of the flags of all nations represented in the school. There were students of thirty-two nationalities this year, coming from the UK, the US, Belgium, France, Israel, Bulgaria, Italy, Greece, Turkey, New Zealand, China, Japan, Mexico, and other countries.
It also included musical performances by the children's choir of pupils from 1st to 5th grade, ballet, and rhythmic gymnastics. A focus of the ceremony was the awarding of certificates of successful completion of the school year and diplomas for secondary education.
Alan Colson, the school's Principal, congratulated the graduates and wished them success, motivation, and excellence in career development and further education. A guest speaker of the ceremony was Dr David Hampson, the President of the British Bulgarian Business Association, Deputy Chair of the Norwegian-Bulgarian Business Group, and main organizer of the visit of the 42nd US President Bill Clinton to Bulgaria.
A video of the ceremony is available here.
- » UNWE Announced it is under Threat of Bankruptcy
- » EU Commissioner Mariya Gabriel to Hold Discussions in Schools on Online Safety and Cyber Security
- » Fifty Top Companies and over 10,000 Students will Participate in this Year's Careers UNWE 2019 Forum
- » 53,000 Bulgarian High School Seniors Go to State Exams at the End of May
- » Over BGN 13 million Additional Funding Approved for Bulgarian Teachers' Transport Costs
- » The Bulgarian Ministry of Education Does not Plan Compulsory Math Test for the State Exams