Bulgaria Launches Public Tender for Construction of 10-KM Section of Hemus Motorway
Bulgaria's Road Infrastructure Agency (API) launched on Monday a public tender for construction of a section of Hemus motorway.
The section measures 9.3 kilometres in length and spans the distance between the town of Yablanitsa and Boaza interchange. The indicative value of the tender is BGN 80 M without VAT.
The section will have two lanes for traffic in each direction, two emergency stoppage lanes and median strip and will allow vehicles to develop the maximum allowed speed of 140 km/h.
The project foresees the construction of five agricultural underpasses, two agricultural overcrossings as well as underpass on the municipal road between the village of Brestnitsa and the cave Saeva dupka.
Candidates can submit their bids until August 22, with the offers to be announced on August 23. The most economically viable offer will be selected.
Upon selection of the contractor, the project has to be completed in 910 days.
The section was part of the tenders for lots 1 and 2 of the motorway, which were terminated on the order of Prime Minister Boyko Borisov in February. The official reason for their termination was the lack of EU funding under the Transport Operational Programme.
The termination came after suspicions over the transparency of the selection procedure, which linked the selected contracting firms to controversial media mogul and MP Delyan Peevski and head of Lukoil Bulgaria, Valentin Zlatev.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Minister of Economy: Bulgaria will get away with the Recession, there will be a sharp Drop in Inflation
- » Rakia & Spirits Fest Sofia 2022
- » "Bulgargaz" offers Higher than announced Price of Natural Gas for December
- » The Bulgarian National Bank has doubled the Main Interest Rate
- » Bulgaria returns to Growth of Brain Business Jobs in 2021
- » InterContinental Sofia - The Only Hotel in Bulgaria to receive a Green Key Certificate 2022