Iran Interested in Pumping Gas to Bulgaria-Greece Link
Iran is seriously interested in delivering gas to the interconnection between Greece and Bulgaria, the latter country's Energy Minister Temenuzhka Petkova has announced.
After meeting counterpart Bijan Namdar Zangeneh in Tehran, Petkova has noted that Iran stands ready to deliver amounts of gas to both countries via the link as soon as it is ready.
The Islamic Republic also eyes the LNG terminal in the city of Alexandroupoli which it could also supply.
Petkova has made the minister familiar with Bulgaria and Greece's talks over a possible joint venture that could be used to build the terminal.
The meeting, which is part of an official delegation's visit to the Islamic Republic, comes amid reports in Iranian media that Tehran seeks to revive the Nabucco project through its participation in a gas distribution center on Bulgarian territory.
Separately, Prime Minister Boyko Borisov has announced Bulgaria and Iran will explore a transport corridor project that, apart from goods, could also carry gas.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » "Bulgargaz" offers Cheaper Gas for April and May
- » The State Oil Company of Azerbaijan will Open an Office in Bulgaria in May
- » Bulgaria’s Energy Minister: I changed the Management of Kozloduy NPP because of Potential Connections with Russia
- » Bulgaria will ask for a Derogation from European Sanctions against Russian Nuclear Energy
- » Bulgaria: 14% Lower Gas Prices for March
- » Survey: 66% of Bulgarians Support Nuclear Energy