Bulgaria Police Find 30 Migrants in Freight Truck
As many as 30 people who irregularly crossed into Bulgaria have been found in a freight truck in the northwestern town of Vidin, police say.
Twenty-nine have no identity documents, but a police check points to Syria and Iraq as their countries of origin. Sixteen are aged under 18, according to authorities in Vidin.
Two Bulgarian nationals and an Afghan man with a pending asylum request, who were in the front of the truck, have been taken into custody over their alleged involvement in people smuggling.
- » Bulgaria Uncovers Skimming Equipment, Fake Documents Workshop
- » Ministry of Interior Busted a Drug Lab near Varna
- » 18-year-old Girl Beaten by her Boyfriend in Sofia
- » Suicide Bomber Kills more than 100 at Pakistan Election Rally
- » Thieves in Chicago Stole a Sculpture of a Bulgarian Artist
- » Brutal murder in Sofia, Son Beat his Mother and Killed his Father