Bulgarian Delegation to Discuss Energy, Transport, Agriculture on Iran Visit
A Bulgarian delegation headed by Prime Minister Boyko Borisov will be on an official visit to Iran starting from Sunday until Tuesday.
During his visit to Tehran, Borisov will hold meetings with Iran’s First Vice-President Eshaq Jahangiri and Parliament Speaker Ali Larijani, the government's press service informed on Sunday.
The visit foresees the signing of several bilateral documents for cooperation. The ministers from the Bulgarian delegation are scheduled to hold meetings with their respective Iranian counterparts.
The Bulgarian delegation comprises Deputy Prime Minister Tomislav Donchev, Transport Minister Ivaylo Moskovski, Finance Minister Vladislav Goranov, Agriculture Minister Desislava Taneva and Energy Minister Temenuzhka Petkova.
It is expected that during the visit, Bulgaria will seek a buyer for the Russian reactor produced for the abandoned Belene nuclear power plant project.
According to ruling of the International Court of Arbitration, Bulgaria has to pay EUR 550 M to Russia as compensation for the equipment which had been produced prior to the decision to terminate the project. Upon paying the fine, Bulgaria will acquire the equipment.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Erdogan is Expelling Ambassadors of United States, Germany, France and Seven other Countries
- » Immediate Solution to Dispute Between Sofia and Skopje is Impossible
- » Diplomatic Offensive in Brno Inspires Hopes for Solution of Bulgaria-North Macedonia Dispute over Nm EU Acession
- » EU Leaders Discuss Influence and Defense of the Union at Balkan Summit
- » Bulgarian President: Membership of North Macedonia in the EU is Very Important for the Region
- » Bulgaria Reaffirms Determination to Join OECD