NATO's Breeze Drill Kicks Off in Black Sea
Naval exercise Breeze 2016 begins on Friday in Bulgaria's territorial waters and exclusive economic zone, involving several alliance member states.
As many as 25 military vessels, two aircraft and two helicopters, and 1700 troops of NATO countries will take part in the drill which will continue through to July 17.
States taking part include Bulgaria, Greece, Romania, Turkey, and Spain, but the exercise is open to all NATO members.
The training is aimed at preparing the Bulgarian navy for a coalition-led naval operation and improving coordination in crisis response, the Defense Ministry says.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Report: The State of the Bulgarian Defense is Alarming
- » Defense Minister: Bulgaria Needs a whole Squadron of F-16s
- » Bulgaria: The Fugitive Plane was Abandoned at Targovishte Airport, the Case gets more Confusing
- » A Small Plane violated the Airspace of 4 countries, Landed in Bulgaria
- » American F-35 Fighters arrived at Bulgaria’s Graf Ignatievo Base
- » The Defense Ministers of Bulgaria and North Macedonia: We are Ready to Strengthen Cooperation