NATO's Breeze Drill Kicks Off in Black Sea
Naval exercise Breeze 2016 begins on Friday in Bulgaria's territorial waters and exclusive economic zone, involving several alliance member states.
As many as 25 military vessels, two aircraft and two helicopters, and 1700 troops of NATO countries will take part in the drill which will continue through to July 17.
States taking part include Bulgaria, Greece, Romania, Turkey, and Spain, but the exercise is open to all NATO members.
The training is aimed at preparing the Bulgarian navy for a coalition-led naval operation and improving coordination in crisis response, the Defense Ministry says.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria's Caretaker Interior Minister: Migration Pressure on Bulgaria is Increasing
- » US President to Join Video Conference with NATO Eastern Flank, Bucharest Nine
- » NATO Will Hold Military Drills on Alliances’ Southern Wing, Troops and Vehicles Will Pass through Bulgaria
- » More Details about Espionage Scandal: Group of Top Bulgarian Military Involved in Spying for Russia Detained
- » UK to Boost Nuclear Trident Warheads Arsenal by 40 Percent in Response to China, Russia Threat
- » Bulgaria to Host Several Multinational Military Drills, NATO Members Hone Interoperability