Bulgaria's Ivet Lalova, Mirela Demireva Claim Silver Medals at Euro Athletics Championship
Two Bulgarian female athletes claimed silver medals at the European Athletics Championship which began in Amsterdam on Wednesday and is continuing until Sunday.
On Thursday, Ivet Lalova-Collio claimed the silver medal in the 200 metres final, while Mirela Demireva came second in the high jump.
Lalova covered the distance in 22.52 seconds, coming 0.15 seconds behind the winner Dina Asher-Smith from the UK.
The two recorded equal times in the semifinals on Wednesday – 22.57 seconds, with the Bulgarian setting personal best for the season.
The 32-year-old Lalova continues to impress with her recent performance. In June, she first won the 100 metres race in Bellinzona and several days later finished third at the 200 metres Diamond League competition in Oslo.
This is the second medal for her from the European championship, having first claimed the gold medal at the 100 metres in Helsinki in 2012.
In the high jump, Demireva came in a joint second place with Airine Palsyte from Lithuania. Both of them jumped 1.96 metres, which was two centimetres below the achievement of the winner Ruth Beitia from Spain.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Dropped out of Top 40 for the First Time in Six Years
- » 15 Year-old Yosif Miladinov Breaks Bulgarian Record with 52.32 Butterfly
- » Grigor Dimitrov Stumbled Again in Nadal
- » Grigor Dimitrov Progressed with One Place in the World Rankings
- » Bulgaria's Golden Ensemble in Rhythmic Triumphs in the Crowd in Sofia (Video)
- » Successful Start for Grigor Dimitrov in Monte Carlo