Bulgarian Authorities Detain 22 Afghan Migrants, Four Smugglers Near Plovdiv
Bulgarian police officers detained 22 migrants from Afghanistan and four suspected smugglers on Wednesday morning.
The authorities first stopped a car for inspection in the area of the 119th kilometre of Trakia motorway near Plovdiv.
Nine Afghans were uncovered in the car. Shortly after that, another thirteen Afghans were found in a minibus. Among the migrants were children aged 15 and 16.
Another car, which was traveling in front of the two vehicles carrying the migrants, is believed to have acted as an escort.
The drivers of the three vehicles and a companion traveling with them have been detained for up to 72 hours.
The district prosecutor's office in Plovdiv has charged the four men with unlawfully helping foreigners to stay in the country in order to gain material profit.
- » 18-year-old Girl Beaten by her Boyfriend in Sofia
- » Suicide Bomber Kills more than 100 at Pakistan Election Rally
- » Thieves in Chicago Stole a Sculpture of a Bulgarian Artist
- » Brutal murder in Sofia, Son Beat his Mother and Killed his Father
- » Bulgaria Breaks up illegal Tobacco Factory
- » Suicide Bomber Kills 10 in Afghanistan's City of Jalalabad