Court Slashes Bulgaria Nationalist Leader's Salary
The Sofia City Court has ruled that Volen Siderov, the head of nationalist party Ataka, is to have his salary cut by 25 percent over the next two years.
His probation will last for a period of two years, with the court turning down prosecutors' demand for three-year probation. Within this two-year term, he will have to meet a probation officer two times a week.
Siderov, along with MP Desislav Chukolov (from his party) were earlier sentenced to a 15% deduction, which had initially been reported as 25 percent, after pleading guilty of hooliganism.
The ruling referred to a single incident that took place in October.
However, with Siderov pleading guilty on a total of five counts of hooliganism, the court has decided to "merge" the sentences.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Development: More Arrested for Illegal Import of Waste from Italy
- » AP: More Than 360 kg of Cocaine were Found in an Apartment in Sofia
- » Say My Name: People Outraged over the Death of George Floyd - Unarmed Black Man Killed by Police
- » Plovdiv: A 16 Year Old Boy Was Kidnapped. The Kidnappers Were Found
- » A Turkish Citizen Tried to Smuggle 2460 Tablets Viagra Through Bulgaria
- » Police Chase in Druzhba District - 4 Men Detained