Suspected Islamic Militants Kill 20 Foreigners in Terror Attack in Bangladesh
Gunmen suspected to be Islamist militants stormed the Holey Artisan Bakery cafe in Dhaka late on Friday and took occupants hostages. The army entered the building on Saturday morning after a 12-hour siege, killing six of the attackers and rescuing 13 hostages. One of the attackers was captured.
Two police officers were also killed in the initial assult.
Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi said on Saturday that Italians were among the victims but would not give details or the toll until families are notified.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 172 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russian Soldiers who Shoot at and from Zaporizhzhia NPP are Targeted by Ukrainians
- » Day 171 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia warns the US of Severing Relations if Declared Sponsor of Terrorism
- » A Man Killed 11 People after a Family Dispute in Montenegro
- » Day 170 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Children with Disabilities are Abused in Ukrainian Orphanages according to the UN
- » Estonia Closes its Borders for Russians with Schengen Visas
- » European Funds Minister: Bulgaria to Receive BGN 3.7 Billion in the Coming Months from the Recovery Plan