Bulgaria’s Govt Debt Equivalent to 29.3% of Projected 2016 GDP in May
Bulgaria’s government debt edged up to EUR 13.37 B last month, equivalent to 29.3% of Gross Domestic Product forecast for the year, according to figures released by the Finance Ministry on Thursday.
The government’s foreign debt totalled EUR 9.83 B and domestic debt amounted to EUR 3.54 B as at end-May, the Finance Ministry said in a monthly debt report.
Bulgaria’s government debt totalled EUR 13.34 B in nominal terms as at end-April 2016, with EUR 9.85 B in foreign debt and EUR 3.49 B in domestic debt.
Liabilities in euro made up 78.8% of total government debt as at end-May, 20.4% was denominated in Bulgarian levs, 0.6% in U.S. dollars and 0.3% in other currencies.
The government paid BGN 63.3 M on its debt in May.
The government-guaranteed debt totalled EUR 285.5 M as at end-May, equivalent to 0.6% of 2016 GDP forecast.
- » Bulgaria Inflation Accelerates Further In June
- » IMF Chief: Clouds over Global Economy are 'Getting Darker by the Day'
- » The IMF Provides a $ 50 Billion Loan to Argentina
- » Erdogan Claims Turkish Lira’s Loss in Value a Manipulation against Turkey
- » Every third Bulgarian has had Outstanding Loans, According to Eurostat
- » EC Predicts 3.8% Growth in Bulgaria in 2018