Two Blasts Kill at least 27 Police Cadets in Kabul
At least 27 police cadets were killed and 40 were injured in two blasts in Kabul targeting a convoy of buses in which the cadets travelled, newswires reported on Thursday.
The authorities were still not sure whether the explosions, which took placeat around 1100a.m. (0630 GMT), were suicide attacks or car bombs.
A spokesman for the Taliban has claimed responsibility for the blasts which he described as a suicide attack, according to AFP.
Afghanistan’s President Ashraf Ghani condemned the attack as a "crime against humanity" and added the blasts demonstrated the Taliban's weakness on the battlefield, AFP said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » China Landed Rover on Mars
- » Italy Ready to Reopen for Foreign Tourists
- » Russian Orthodox Church Pleas Reduction of Abortions to Fight Demographic Crisis
- » Israeli Attacks on Gaza Are Intensifying
- » Southeastern US Scrambles for Fuel, as Colonial Pipeline Slowly Resumes Supplies
- » Israel-Gaza Conflict Escalates, UN Warns of Possible "full-scale war"