Turkey Detains 13 Suspects over Istanbul Airport Attack
Turkish authorities detained on Thursday thirteen suspects over Tuesday's terrorist attack at the Istanbul Ataturk airport which claimed the lives of at least 42 people and left hundreds other injured.
The suspects, among whom are three foreign nationals, were detained during simultaneous raids at sixteen different addresses across Istanbul. Another three suspects are still being searched for.
On Tuesday evening, three suicide bombers opened fire with automatic rifles before blowing themselves up at the arrivals section of terminal 2.
There were ten foreign nationals among the victims, three of whom had dual Turkish citizenship, Anadolu Agency informs.
A total of 109 out of the more than 230 people, who sustained injuries in the attack, have been discharged from hospitals in Istanbul.
On Wednesday, Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yildirim said that according to preliminary reports Islamic State (IS) was responsible for the attack.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Stoltenberg: We Look Forward to Northern Macedonia Joining NATO
- » The Early Elections in Northern Macedonia Will Be on April 12th
- » Erdogan Threatens EU to Open Borders to Refugees
- » Northern Macedonia is Expected to Receive the Green Light to Begin EU Accession Talks
- » Turkey Sells Two of Its Islands
- » Athens Blamed Ankara For the Migrant Crisis