At Least 36 Dead as Two Blasts Rock Istanbul’s Ataturk Airport
At least thirty-six people died when two explosions shook Istanbul's Ataturk international airport on Tuesday, Turkish media report.
More than 60 people are injured, six of them heavily, according to Anadolu Agency.
Reuters quoted a witness telling Turkish broadcaster CNN Turk that gunfire was heard from the car park at the airport.
CNN Turk footage showed ambulances rushing to the scene, according to Reuters.
Turkey's Prime Minister Binali Y?ld?r?m ordered the formation of a crisis desk into the incident.
Police sealed off the airport, with all flights into or out of it reportedly cancelled.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Europol: Crime is Increasing Rapidly during the Coronavirus Pandemic
- » Bulgarian Detained with 10 kg of Heroin at Malko Tarnovo Border Checkpoint
- » Bulgarian Citizen Arrested in Turkey for Drug Trafficking
- » Top 7 Most Stolen Cars in Bulgaria
- » 15 Tonnes of Marijuana were Seized in Mexico
- » Two Iranian Citizens Arrested for Attempting to Smuggle 687 kg of Heroin worth about BGN 62 Million