Search Team Finds Dead Body of Missing Young Man in Bulgaria’s Maritsa River
The dead body of a 19-year old man was found in Maritsa river, in southern Bulgaria, after a six-day search, BGNES reported on Tuesday.
Rescue and search teams including scuba divers assisted by volunteers combed the area before finding the body of Petar Valchev two kilometers downstream from the place where he had disappeared in the region of Plovdiv city, according to the news outlet.
Maritsa, though seemingly calm, can be quite dangerous particularly immediately after heavy rainfall which was the case when the young man disappeared.
- » One Person is Killed after Van Drives into Group of Pedestrians at Dutch Music Festival
- » 26-year-old Man Killed his Father with an Axe in Pleven
- » A Man Threatened a Guard in a Sofia Mall with a Knife (VIDEO)
- » Truck Transporting Concrete Killed a Man in Varna
- » Eight Injured as Taxi Rams Pedestrians near Moscow’s Red Square (Video)
- » Bus with 40 Children from Russia Crashed between Kiten and Primorsko