340 Danube Cruises to Pass Through Bulgaria's Ruse This Tourist Season
A total of 340 cruise trips are expected to pass through the Bulgarian city of Ruse during this year's tourist season on the Danube river which begins in April and lasts until the beginning of November.
So far, 111 vessels and more than 13 700 passengers have arrived in the city, daily Dnevnik informs.
As usual, the largest number of tourists is from the USA and Germany, their numbers being respectively 3867 and 3734.
These are followed by 1100 British tourists, 920 French visitors, 760 guests from each of Australia and Switzerland and 630 Canadians.
More than half of the tourists are above 65 years old, with only 2 % being under the age of 35.
A total of 170 ships of fifteen companies are operating on the river, their number being a hundred at the beginning of the century.
All six ships sailing under Bulgarian flag are owned by the “Danube tours” company from Ruse.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Wizz Air announced New Route from Bulgaria to Armenia
- » Wizz Air with 77% Growth in Passenger Flow in Bulgaria for 2022
- » Mexico deported 27 Bulgarian Tourists in the span of 3 Months, Some were Kept in Cells for 4 Days
- » Snow finally Covered the Tracks in Pamporovo
- » Bulgarian Hoteliers are coming up with Alternative Activities for Skiers in Anticipation of Snow in the Winter Resorts
- » The Political Situation and the Snowless Winter are Not Helping Tourism in Bulgaria