Body of Girl Found Nearly Month After She Went Missing in Danube River Near Bulgaria's Silistra
The body of the fourteen-year-old girl, who had gone missing in the Danube river near the Bulgarian town of Silistra at the beginning of June, has been found.
The body was found in the Romanian section of the river and will be handed to Bulgarian authorities, Darik radio informs.
The drowning incident occurred at the beginning of the month after the girl had gone swimming in the river with a group of friends. When they decided to go out of the river, the girl suddenly disappeared in the water.
The children swam near the bank, but they also engaged in swimming competitions, one of which proved fatal for the girl.
Bathing in the river is prohibited with a permanent order of the mayor of Silistra.
Meanwhile, the search operation for the nineteen-year-old man, who went missing in the Maritsa river in Plovdiv last week, continues.
Petar went bathing with his girlfriend in the area of the rowing base, but got carried away by the water and started drowning.
The seventeen-year-old girl managed to get out of the water on time and tried to help Petar by passing him a piece of wood, but he did not manage to catch it.
- » One Person is Killed after Van Drives into Group of Pedestrians at Dutch Music Festival
- » 26-year-old Man Killed his Father with an Axe in Pleven
- » A Man Threatened a Guard in a Sofia Mall with a Knife (VIDEO)
- » Truck Transporting Concrete Killed a Man in Varna
- » Eight Injured as Taxi Rams Pedestrians near Moscow’s Red Square (Video)
- » Bus with 40 Children from Russia Crashed between Kiten and Primorsko