UK’s Brexit Vote 'Deeply Regrettable', Bulgarian President Says
The UK’s decision to leave the European Union is ‘deeply regrettable’, Bulgaria’s President Rosen Plevneliev has said.
“It's a bad day for Europe, bad day for the European democracy a bad day for the European economy,” Plevneliev said at a history conference in Sofia on Friday, according to bTV broadcaster.
Plevneliev also said that the decision to leave was a clear sign of a history lesson poorly learnt.
According to Plevneliev, a great power, which is the symbol of free trade, a state, which is the symbol of liberal democracy, has decided to isolate itself into its national boundaries.
“I deeply regret this outcome. I am deeply worried that today, nationalists and populists triumph on the streets of Europe, but I am sure that united Europe - with or without Britain - must look forward," Plevneliev said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria