Gunman Storms Cinema in Germany, Leaving at Least 25 People Injured
At least 25 people have been injured after a masked man stormed a cinema theater in Viernheim, near Frankfurt, in central Germany, Bild reported on Thursday.
State media quoted the interior ministry of Hesse federal province as saying that the man had been shot dead by police after he barricaded himself into the building and injured several cinema-goers with tear gas.
Special forces stormed the cinema theater and killed the man, according to local media reports. The authorities have also said that the man took hostages during the assault.
According to the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, it was unclear whether there was a political or ideological motive behind the attack or whether it was a robbery that went wrong.
- » Gas Explosion in a Residential Building in Slovakia, there Are Casualties
- » Death Toll from a Migrant Boat Capsizing Off Mauritania Rises to 63
- » 14 People Missing after a Fire in Odessa
- » Huge Fire in a London Hotel
- » At Least 58 Migrants Drowned after their Boat Capsized near the Coast of Mauritania
- » Two Buses Collided in Prague, there are Injured Children