Gunman Storms Cinema in Germany, Leaving at Least 25 People Injured
At least 25 people have been injured after a masked man stormed a cinema theater in Viernheim, near Frankfurt, in central Germany, Bild reported on Thursday.
State media quoted the interior ministry of Hesse federal province as saying that the man had been shot dead by police after he barricaded himself into the building and injured several cinema-goers with tear gas.
Special forces stormed the cinema theater and killed the man, according to local media reports. The authorities have also said that the man took hostages during the assault.
According to the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, it was unclear whether there was a political or ideological motive behind the attack or whether it was a robbery that went wrong.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » A Series of Strong Earthquakes in Greece, Panic in North Macedonia
- » Bulgarian Buses Blocked for Hours on the Serbian-Hungarian Border
- » The 150 Bulgarians who were Blocked at Frankfurt Airport have returned Home
- » More than 150 Bulgarians are Stranded at Frankfurt airport
- » Dangerous Trend in Bulgaria: 100 victims from Road Accidents - more than in 2020
- » The Story of a 36-day Piece of News through the Eyes of Reporters - the Saga "Vera Su"