Bulgaria's Stiliyan Petrov to Join Aston Villa for Pre-season Training
Bulgarian midfielder Stiliyan Petrov will join the first team of Aston Villa in its pre-season training.
This was announced by the official website of the English club on Thursday.
Aston Villa's manager Roberto Di Matteo has revealed that the former captain of the team will travel with the group to Austria to join their training camp.
In April, Petrov surprised the world after announcing his willingness to renew his professional football career by returning to the last club he used to play for before his retirement.
After being diagnosed with acute leukaemia in 2012, the Bulgarian was forced to announce his premature retirement from professional football in 2013.
He successfully battled the disease after undergoing a treatment which was completed at the beginning of last year and since then has been in remission.
In April, Petrov revealed that he was on a secret eighteen-month fitness plan and was training with the under-21 team of Aston Villa. According to him, his fitness was getting close to the levels he had enjoyed before his retirement.
Ever since his retirement, the Bulgarian has stayed close to Aston Villa, first as coach of the the under-21 team and then helping to coach the first team.
He is expected to serve as great inspiration for the team which was relegated from the Premier League and will play in the Championship next season.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Mobile Betting Apps: Sports News and Tips
- » Four Bronze Medals for Bulgarian students from the Informatics Olympiad
- » Nurgyul Salimova with a Record Rating in the FIDE Rankings
- » Nurgyul Salimova: I am Proud of what I have Achieved, I Felt the Support of many Bulgarians and People from all over the World
- » After 30 years: Bulgaria Won again the Team World Title in Rhythmic Gymnastics
- » Women's Spanish teams Refuse to Play until the President of the Football Federation is replaced