Bulgaria's Rhythmic Gymnastics Athlete Undergoes Successful Spine Surgery
Bulgaria's rhythmic gymnastics athlete Tsvetelina Stoyanova underwent a successful four-hour surgery of her spine on Wednesday.
Stoyanova fell from the sixth floor of a block of flats in the Sofia neighbourhood of Nadezhda last week and sustained heavy injuries to her stomach, chest and vertebrae.
The exact cause of the incident has not been established yet. The main version of investigating authorities is that the athlete attempted suicide although the possibility of accidental fall has not been excluded.
According to neighbours, Stoyanova was very upset after she had not departed with the team for participation in the European championship in Israel.
The federation maintains that Stoyanova herself decided to stay in Bulgaria due to medical problem.
On Tuesday, the president of the Rhythmic Gymnastics Federation, Iliana Raeva, informed that Stoyanova has come out of coma and is recovering.
- » World Cup 2018: Football Showpiece Set to Begin in Russia
- » USA, Canada and Mexico will Host 2026 World Cup
- » Russia’s World Cup Costs to Exceed $14Bln, Media Reports
- » Spain Fired its Coach a Day before the Start of the 2018 World Cup
- » Mirela Demireva made a Historic Jump in Stockholm
- » Ivet Lalova Won the 200m Race in Stockholm