Bulgaria's Rhythmic Gymnastics Athlete Undergoes Successful Spine Surgery
Bulgaria's rhythmic gymnastics athlete Tsvetelina Stoyanova underwent a successful four-hour surgery of her spine on Wednesday.
Stoyanova fell from the sixth floor of a block of flats in the Sofia neighbourhood of Nadezhda last week and sustained heavy injuries to her stomach, chest and vertebrae.
The exact cause of the incident has not been established yet. The main version of investigating authorities is that the athlete attempted suicide although the possibility of accidental fall has not been excluded.
According to neighbours, Stoyanova was very upset after she had not departed with the team for participation in the European championship in Israel.
The federation maintains that Stoyanova herself decided to stay in Bulgaria due to medical problem.
On Tuesday, the president of the Rhythmic Gymnastics Federation, Iliana Raeva, informed that Stoyanova has come out of coma and is recovering.
- » Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic's Championship Win
- » Bulgarian Tennis Star Grigor Dimitrov Drops Out of TOP 50 in the World Rankings
- » Ludogorets Heads for its First Champions League Test
- » Football Club Owners Met with Bulgaria’s Prime Minister
- » Grigor Dimitrov Will Have to Pay a Fine Because He Refused to Appear at the Press Conference
- » Women's World Cup 2019