Bulgaria's Rhythmic Gymnastics Athlete Undergoes Successful Spine Surgery
Bulgaria's rhythmic gymnastics athlete Tsvetelina Stoyanova underwent a successful four-hour surgery of her spine on Wednesday.
Stoyanova fell from the sixth floor of a block of flats in the Sofia neighbourhood of Nadezhda last week and sustained heavy injuries to her stomach, chest and vertebrae.
The exact cause of the incident has not been established yet. The main version of investigating authorities is that the athlete attempted suicide although the possibility of accidental fall has not been excluded.
According to neighbours, Stoyanova was very upset after she had not departed with the team for participation in the European championship in Israel.
The federation maintains that Stoyanova herself decided to stay in Bulgaria due to medical problem.
On Tuesday, the president of the Rhythmic Gymnastics Federation, Iliana Raeva, informed that Stoyanova has come out of coma and is recovering.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Best Football Matches to Watch This Year
- » Football: Beroe - Favorite of Bookmakers in the Derby with Slavia
- » Bulgaria: Two CSKA Football Players Test Positive for COVID-19
- » Bulgarian Tennis Player Pironkova is Making History on US Open
- » US Open: Bulgarian Tennis Star Tsveti Pironkova Beats Vekic
- » US Open: Bulgarian Tsveti Pironkova Outplays Muguruza, Grigor Dimitrov Loses in a 5-Hour Match