Bulgaria's Rhythmic Gymnastics Athlete Undergoes Successful Spine Surgery
Bulgaria's rhythmic gymnastics athlete Tsvetelina Stoyanova underwent a successful four-hour surgery of her spine on Wednesday.
Stoyanova fell from the sixth floor of a block of flats in the Sofia neighbourhood of Nadezhda last week and sustained heavy injuries to her stomach, chest and vertebrae.
The exact cause of the incident has not been established yet. The main version of investigating authorities is that the athlete attempted suicide although the possibility of accidental fall has not been excluded.
According to neighbours, Stoyanova was very upset after she had not departed with the team for participation in the European championship in Israel.
The federation maintains that Stoyanova herself decided to stay in Bulgaria due to medical problem.
On Tuesday, the president of the Rhythmic Gymnastics Federation, Iliana Raeva, informed that Stoyanova has come out of coma and is recovering.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » World Cup 2022: Riots in Belgium and the Netherlands after Morocco's Victory
- » World Cup 2022: Japan with a memorable Comeback - Stun Germany 2-1
- » World Cup 2022 sensation: Saudi Arabia defeated Argentina
- » Qatar 2022: Iran's Players refused to sing their National Anthem
- » The World is Football! World Cup 2022 in Qatar begins
- » Beer will be Banned from World Cup stadiums in Qatar