Armed Robbery of Office Takes Place in Sofia
Three masked men robbed an office of a firm for confectionery located on the Suhodolska street in the Bulgarian capital shortly before or after midnight on Thursday.
The thieves were detected by a security guard who threatened them with a gas pistol. One of the robbers responded by firing a shot.
The thieves managed to take out a coffer containing around BGN 3000 and fled the scene in a car or sport utility vehicle.
The security guard has not been harmed and the police continues the search for the perpetrators.
This is the latest in a series of robberies which have taken place in Bulgaria since the beginning of the year.
Most recently, the central post office in the Bulgarian city of Haskovo was robbed earlier in June. It is believed that the robbers stole BGN 1.8 M which were meant to be paid out as pensions.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 1 Tonne of Cocaine destined for Bulgaria was seized in Colombia
- » Bulgarian Prosecution accuses GDFOC of Unprecedented Pressure on the “Hemus” Investigation
- » Double Homicide in Varna
- » A 17-year-old Bulgarian was Killed in a Shootout in Copenhagen
- » "Information Service" for Green Certificates: We Repelled the biggest Cyber Attack in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Traffic Police Caught 30 Migrants on Trakia Highway near Sliven