Greece Detains Three Bulgarian Smugglers Near Border with Macedonia
Greek authorities detained three Bulgarian and one Slovenian traffickers as they attempted to smuggle illegal migrants across the border with Macedonia.
The Bulgarians were detained during a routine check in the area of the Greek town of Kilkis on Tuesday.
They were escorting a vehicle which was transporting 25 migrants from Afghanistan, Pakistan and Syria to the border with Macedonia.
The driver of the vehicle managed to escape, but the Bulgarians were detained, the Macedonian news agency Meta informs.
The Bulgarians, aged 20, 21 and 25, have been charged with participation in a migrant smuggling ring.
On Monday, a 38-year-old Slovenian was detained in the western suburbs of Thessaloniki for driving a stolen truck which was transporting 35 migrants, twelve of whom were minors.
During the interrogation, the Slovenian admitted that each of the refugees had paid EUR 1300 to be smuggled first into Macedonia and then into another European country.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Kremlin Supports the Serbs in Kosovo - The West blames Pristina
- » Stoltenberg: NATO will deploy 700 more soldiers in Kosovo
- » 25 NATO soldiers were Injured in Clashes in Kosovo
- » Clashes between police and Serbs in Northern Kosovo
- » The Situation in Northern Kosovo is Calm - Vucic no longer Leader of his Party
- » Vucic raised the Combat Readiness of the Army and ordered the Serbs to March towards Kosovo