Bulgaria's Rhythmic Gymnastics Athlete Has Reportedly Come Out of Coma
Bulgaria's rhythmic gymnastics athlete, Tsvetelina Stoyanova, has reportedly come out of coma.
This was stated by the president of the Rhythmic Gymnastics Federation Iliana Raeva in an interview for private bTV station on Tuesday.
Raeva dismissed reports that the athlete is in coma, saying that her condition is improving.
Stoyanova was in critical condition after falling from the sixth floor of a block of flats in the Sofia neighbourhood of Nadezhda last week. She sustained heavy injuries to her stomach, chest and vertebrae.
The main version of investigating authorities is that she attempted suicide, although the possibility for an accidental fall has not been excluded.
Neighbours of the athlete claim that she was very upset after not having departed with the team for the European championship in Israel.
The federation maintains that Stoyanova had herself taken the decision to not travel with the team due to a medical problem.
- » Goalkeeper Petkov Becomes Bulgaria's Oldest Player in Disappointing 1-1 Draw with Cyprus
- » Bulgarian Goalkeeper Dimitar Evtimov Extends Burton Stay
- » Second Blow for Bulgaria's National Football Team Before the Games Against Cyprus and Slovenia
- » Bulgaria's Nova Broadcasting Extends English Premier League Rights
- » Goalkeeper Dimitar Evtimov Could Make Bulgaria Debut after Impressing for English Burton Albion
- » Kubrat Pulev Could Challenge Anthony Joushua in 2019