Turkey Demands Extradition of Terror Suspect Detained in Bulgaria
Turkish authorities have asked Bulgaria to extradite a man they say is a member of outlawed Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK), Bulgarian media report.
Almis Mikail was detained at Burgas Airport on June 17 and was placed in detention.
Mikail, an ethnic Kurd, is being sought by Turkish authorities over his alleged participation in armed raids on villages in Turkey in 1995, the Bulgarian News Agency (BTA) says, citing the District Court of Burgas.
The court says Almis is also wanted by Interpol, but the agency's "Wanted Persons" list does not contain his name.
- » Ivan Geshev: We Busted An Arms and Drug Trafficking Group from Bulgaria to the UK
- » British Man Charged with Child Sex Abuse in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Special Prosecutor's Office: Charges Brought Against 4 People for Organ Trafficking
- » Seven People Killed in Terrorist Attack in Turkey
- » Illegal Organ Donor Scheme Busted in Bulgaria
- » The Bulgarian Who Went Missing in Maidstone Was Found Dead