Brussels Bomb Alert: No Explosives Found on Suspect
Brussels authorities have said the belt of a man arrested in a shopping mall do not contain explosives.
The suspect was inside City2, a shopping center which is now evacuated.
Belgian public broadcaster RTBF, quoting security services, says no explosives were found on he man's belt.
Traffic was disrupted in the vicinity as streets in the streets in the area were sealed off and the nearby metro station was closed.
Citing its own sources, the broadcaster says it was the man himself who called the police to surrender.
The development comes nearly three months after the attacks at Brussels Airport and a metro station in the city which left 32 people dead and left more than 300 injured.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Eurostat: Annual Inflation in the Eurozone Fell to 8.5% in January
- » The European Commission approved Funds for Highway "Europa" from Sofia to Kalotina
- » Record Sales of Electric Cars in Europe for 2022
- » EU with Higher Solar and Wind Energy Production in 2022 than Gas
- » EU: The Eurozone will avoid Recession this Winter
- » A Greek Fighter Jet has Crashed in the Ionian Sea, the Two Pilots are Missing