Brussels Bomb Alert: No Explosives Found on Suspect
Brussels authorities have said the belt of a man arrested in a shopping mall do not contain explosives.
The suspect was inside City2, a shopping center which is now evacuated.
Belgian public broadcaster RTBF, quoting security services, says no explosives were found on he man's belt.
Traffic was disrupted in the vicinity as streets in the streets in the area were sealed off and the nearby metro station was closed.
Citing its own sources, the broadcaster says it was the man himself who called the police to surrender.
The development comes nearly three months after the attacks at Brussels Airport and a metro station in the city which left 32 people dead and left more than 300 injured.
- » The EU Council Endorsed Kövesi's Candidacy For Prosecutor General
- » The European Parliament Supported a New Postponement of Brexit
- » The European Parliament is Discussing Brexit
- » There Will be New Parliamentary Elections in Spain on November 10th
- » The European Parliament Backed Christine Lagarde as ECB chief
- » The Nomination of Lagarde for President of the ECB Will be Voted Today