Cyprus Asks EU for Help to Fight Forest Fire
Cyprus has appealed to the EU for help in fighting a forest fire raging on the island since midday Sunday.
The appeal was made by Cyprus’ Agriculture Minister Nicos Kougialis at the EU Environment Council in Luxembourg on Monday.
Cyprus needs additional fire-fighting aircraft to contain the blaze that has engulfed 15 square kilometers of forest and bushes southwest of the capital Nicosia.
The AP reported that 13 aircraft, including two Greek and three Israeli planes, were helping with efforts to extinguish the flames.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Roberta Metsola Elected as President of the EP on her Birthday
- » From 1 February: Green certificates over 9 months become invalid for travel in Europe
- » Germany with new rules for people arriving from Bulgaria
- » The Austrian government has presented a bill on mandatory vaccination against COVID-19
- » The French Senate has approved Tighter Restrictions on the Unvaccinated
- » From Today the "Super Green Certificate" is Valid for almost all Activities in Italy