Cyprus Asks EU for Help to Fight Forest Fire
Cyprus has appealed to the EU for help in fighting a forest fire raging on the island since midday Sunday.
The appeal was made by Cyprus’ Agriculture Minister Nicos Kougialis at the EU Environment Council in Luxembourg on Monday.
Cyprus needs additional fire-fighting aircraft to contain the blaze that has engulfed 15 square kilometers of forest and bushes southwest of the capital Nicosia.
The AP reported that 13 aircraft, including two Greek and three Israeli planes, were helping with efforts to extinguish the flames.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The EU grants 1.61 Billion Euros to Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Minister: In Croatia they see the Adoption of the Euro as a Way to be Part of Europe’s Heart
- » German Consumer Sentiment Collapses to Record Low due to Inflation and Energy Crisis
- » The Far-Right Won in Italy’s Elections
- » Italy's Elections might Put in Power the most Right-Wing Government since World War II
- » EU: Mobilization and the Referendums show Putin's Desperation