Bulgarian Foreign Minister Warns of Risk of Opening of New Migrant Routes in Europe
There are serious risks of reopening the Western Balkans migration route as well as opening of new ones, as Turkey fails to meet its obligations under the readmission agreement with the EU, Bulgaria’s Foreign Minister Daniel Mitov has said.
No region or route should remain outside of the EU's attention if the Union is to find a lasting solution to the current crisis, Mitov said at a meeting of EU foreign ministers in Luxembourg on Monday, according to a statement posted on the website of the Bulgarian Foreign Ministry
The migration crisis in Europe and the need to address its root causes were high of the agenda of the meeting.
It is of key importance for the EU to have a comprehensive and geographically balanced approach to migration, Mitov said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Ryanair Reduces Its Flights by Additional 20 Percent in October
- » Boyko Takov, BSMEPA: 90% of Companies in Bulgaria Are Micro, However Generating a Little Over 1/3 of Revenues in the Sector
- » Protests in Bulgaria, Day 73: No Tension, "Great People's Uprising" Scheduled for September 22
- » Bulgaria: National Plan for Absorption of Covid-19 Funding by End of 2020
- » COVID-19 in Austria: New Measures Announced
- » Bulgaria Borrowed BGN 5 Billion from International Markets