Russian Tourist Drowns Near Bulgaria's Aheloy
A 48-year-old Russian tourist drowned near the Bulgarian Black Sea town of Aheloy on Sunday.
The man went bathing in the sea in an unguarded strip of the beach in the Bunite area.
According to his wife, the man went in the sea together with their two children despite the large waves.
The man went a considerable distance from the coast without taking into account the rip current. Аs a result, he did not manage to come out of the water. His lifeless body was recovered by his wife and two unknown men.
The body has been taken for an autopsy at the hospital in Burgas.
The family had been on a two-week holiday and was staying at a hotel in the nearby village of Ravda.
Also on Sunday, two young men drowned in the Black Sea resort of Sunny Beach.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Six Earthquakes Registered in Bulgaria's Rhodope Region in 24 Hours
- » Shooting in Sofia Metro … Follow-up
- » Europol Busts Crime Network Involved in Investment Fraud Run from Bulgaria and North Macedonia
- » Shooting in Sofia Metro, Gunman Dead, Woman in Critical Condition
- » Nine People Killed in School Shooting in Kazan, Russia
- » UN: At Least Five Europe-bound Migrants Drowned Near to Libyan Coast