Search Continues for One of Boys Who Went Missing in Bulgaria's Yantra
Rescue teams are still looking for one of the two boys who went missing in Yantra river in the Bulgarian city of Veliko Tarnovo on Saturday.
The search has been renewed, with police and diver rescuers joining their effort on Monday, local media report.
One of them has been confirmed dead after divers found his body on Sunday afternoon.
The riverbed in the area where the 14-year-old was found dead is "covered in mud and branches", a local police official, is quoted by the Bulgarian National Radio as saying.
Pretrial proceedings into possible murder have been launched, but no signs of violence have been found on the body in the initial stage.
Three boys went bathing in the river on Sunday, with one of them contacting the 112 emergency telephone number. All lived in a nearby orphanage where movement into or out of the facility is not restricted.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: A Bus Incident near Ruse - 10 people Injured
- » A Series of Strong Earthquakes in Greece, Panic in North Macedonia
- » Bulgarian Buses Blocked for Hours on the Serbian-Hungarian Border
- » The 150 Bulgarians who were Blocked at Frankfurt Airport have returned Home
- » More than 150 Bulgarians are Stranded at Frankfurt airport
- » Dangerous Trend in Bulgaria: 100 victims from Road Accidents - more than in 2020