Two Young Men Drown in Bulgaria’s Sunny Beach
Two young men have drowned in the area of the northern beach in Bulgaria’s largest Black Sea resort of Sunny Beach on Sunday.
The two men, aged nineteen and twenty, travelled with a group of three other friends from Sofia and arrived in Sunny Beach around three o’clock on Sunday morning.
Before checking into a hotel, the group decided to go for a walk around the resort and for a swim in the sea.
The most likely cause for the drowning is rip current. The bodies have been taken for autopsy at the hospital in Burgas.
On Saturday, two fourteen-year-old boys, who had gone bathing in the Yantra river in Veliko Tarnovo, went missing.
One of the bodies was recovered on Sunday, while divers are continuing searching for the other boy, who is also believed to have drowned.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Powerful Earthquake Rocks Iran Causing Vast Destruction
- » Reuters: Toshiba European Operations Suffer Ransomware Cyber Attack
- » Six Earthquakes Registered in Bulgaria's Rhodope Region in 24 Hours
- » Shooting in Sofia Metro … Follow-up
- » Europol Busts Crime Network Involved in Investment Fraud Run from Bulgaria and North Macedonia
- » Shooting in Sofia Metro, Gunman Dead, Woman in Critical Condition