Two Young Men Drown in Bulgaria’s Sunny Beach
Two young men have drowned in the area of the northern beach in Bulgaria’s largest Black Sea resort of Sunny Beach on Sunday.
The two men, aged nineteen and twenty, travelled with a group of three other friends from Sofia and arrived in Sunny Beach around three o’clock on Sunday morning.
Before checking into a hotel, the group decided to go for a walk around the resort and for a swim in the sea.
The most likely cause for the drowning is rip current. The bodies have been taken for autopsy at the hospital in Burgas.
On Saturday, two fourteen-year-old boys, who had gone bathing in the Yantra river in Veliko Tarnovo, went missing.
One of the bodies was recovered on Sunday, while divers are continuing searching for the other boy, who is also believed to have drowned.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Young Man is in Coma after an Accident between Car and Ambulance on the Ring Road in Sofia
- » Bulgaria: A Disco on the Northern Beach in Burgas Burned Down
- » Bulgaria: Partial State of Emergency has been Declared in the Karlovo villages of Karavelovo and Bogdan
- » Bulgaria: Kilometer-Long Queues and Broken-Down Trucks during Heavy Snowfall at the "Predel" Pass
- » In Northwestern Bulgaria: A Woman Died while waiting 35 Minutes for an Ambulance
- » The State Sent a Plane to transport the Bulgarian Beaten in North Macedonia for treatment in Bulgaria