Two Children Go Missing in Yantra River in Bulgaria’s Veliko Tarnovo
Two fourteen-year-old children went missing in Yantra river in the Bulgarian city of Veliko Tarnovo on Saturday.
The boys were last seen bathing in the river near the Stambolov bridge and the monument of Asenevtsi.
A third children, who had been bathing with them, submitted the signal to the 112 emergency telephone number.
The three orphan boys were swimming in the direction of the old post office.
Police and fire service were immediately dispatched to the scene. Ten divers, including eight military divers, have been looking for the children.
The body of one of the boys has been recovered twenty-thirty metres from the place where they entered. The search for the second boy, who is also believed to have drowned, continues.
There is very strong current and in some places the depth of the river reaches five metres.
The river is muddy from the abundant rainfalls in the past days and this additionally hampers the search of the divers.
The search was halted on Saturday evening, but was renewed on Sunday morning.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Possibility of Secondary Explosion at “Arsenal” Weapons Factory, 2 Women are still Missing
- » Bulgaria: Explosions at "Arsenal" Weapons Factory in Kazanlak – Casualties reported
- » Passengers Wait over 6 hours for a Wizz Air Flight to Valencia at Sofia Airport
- » Bulgaria: 18-year-old on Amphetamines killed 22-year-old Student in Car Crash
- » Bulgaria: Taxi carrying Illegal Migrants from Syria Crashed in Sofia
- » Car Accidents with Casualties all over Bulgaria Today