Two Children Go Missing in Yantra River in Bulgaria’s Veliko Tarnovo
Two fourteen-year-old children went missing in Yantra river in the Bulgarian city of Veliko Tarnovo on Saturday.
The boys were last seen bathing in the river near the Stambolov bridge and the monument of Asenevtsi.
A third children, who had been bathing with them, submitted the signal to the 112 emergency telephone number.
The three orphan boys were swimming in the direction of the old post office.
Police and fire service were immediately dispatched to the scene. Ten divers, including eight military divers, have been looking for the children.
The body of one of the boys has been recovered twenty-thirty metres from the place where they entered. The search for the second boy, who is also believed to have drowned, continues.
There is very strong current and in some places the depth of the river reaches five metres.
The river is muddy from the abundant rainfalls in the past days and this additionally hampers the search of the divers.
The search was halted on Saturday evening, but was renewed on Sunday morning.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Young Man is in Coma after an Accident between Car and Ambulance on the Ring Road in Sofia
- » Bulgaria: A Disco on the Northern Beach in Burgas Burned Down
- » Bulgaria: Partial State of Emergency has been Declared in the Karlovo villages of Karavelovo and Bogdan
- » Bulgaria: Kilometer-Long Queues and Broken-Down Trucks during Heavy Snowfall at the "Predel" Pass
- » In Northwestern Bulgaria: A Woman Died while waiting 35 Minutes for an Ambulance
- » The State Sent a Plane to transport the Bulgarian Beaten in North Macedonia for treatment in Bulgaria