Belgian Police Arrest 12 People Suspected of Plotting Terror Attacks
The Belgian police have arrested 12 suspects across the country as part of anti-terrorism investigation, RTBF broadcaster reported on Saturday.
The operation was conducted overnight in 16 municipalites, mostly in and around Brussels, according to RTBF.
According to Belgium’s federal prosecutor’s office, 40 people were taken for questioning and 12 of them were detained on suspicion of planning attacks.
The detentions were made as evidence gathered during the investigation required immediate intervention, the prosecutor’s office has said in a statement.
Suicide bombings hit Brussels metro and airport on March 22, leaving 32 people dead. The Belgian authorities have maintained high terror alert since.
Belgium’s Flemish public broadcaster VTM has said that an attack was feared in Brussels this weekend, during one of Belgium’s Euro 2016 football matches, according to Euronews.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Several days of Riots in Netherlands Has Ended
- » India Celebrates 72nd Republic Day, PM Modi: #RepublicDay. Jai Hind!
- » PM of India Launches Vaccination Drive Against COVID-19
- » COVID-19: Entry into US Will Require PCR Test
- » Iran Bans U.S., U.K. Covid-19 Vaccines
- » World Reaction after Trump Supporters Storming U.S. Capitol, Trying to Stop Election