Belgian Police Arrest 12 People Suspected of Plotting Terror Attacks
The Belgian police have arrested 12 suspects across the country as part of anti-terrorism investigation, RTBF broadcaster reported on Saturday.
The operation was conducted overnight in 16 municipalites, mostly in and around Brussels, according to RTBF.
According to Belgium’s federal prosecutor’s office, 40 people were taken for questioning and 12 of them were detained on suspicion of planning attacks.
The detentions were made as evidence gathered during the investigation required immediate intervention, the prosecutor’s office has said in a statement.
Suicide bombings hit Brussels metro and airport on March 22, leaving 32 people dead. The Belgian authorities have maintained high terror alert since.
Belgium’s Flemish public broadcaster VTM has said that an attack was feared in Brussels this weekend, during one of Belgium’s Euro 2016 football matches, according to Euronews.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Trump Bans Tik Tok App, Stocking Tension with Beijing
- » Bulgarian Company is the Owner of the Ship That Carried the Ammonium Nitrate Responsble for the Explosion in Beirut
- » France: 16 Coronavirus High-Risk Countries with a Compulsary Testing on Arrival
- » Donald Trump Suggests Delay to 2020 US Election, Republicans: You Can't Delay It
- » Britain Tightens Measures Against COVID-19
- » European Commission Signs Contract with Gilead to Secure EU Access to Remdesivir