Tennis: Pironkova Loses to Strycova in WTA Birmingham Quarter Finals
Bulgaria’s Tsvetana Pironkova lost in straight sets to the Czech Republic’s Barbora Strycova in the quarter finals of the tennis tournament in Birmingham.
Strycova qualified for the grass-court tennis semifinals after defeating Pironkova 6-2 7-5 in 1 hour 34 minutes.
The Czech claimed the first set after breaking Pironkova’s serve twice. In the second set, the Bulgarian took an immediate lead, gaining the chance to serve for the set from 5-2 up. However, Pironkova lost five games in a row from then on to lose the second set.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » How New Technologies Help Sport Fans Around the World
- » Bulgaria: Stadiums Open to the Public in Compliance with Strict Measures
- » Police Officers Took Grigor Dimitrov's Driver License in Monaco
- » Sport Events in Bulgaria Without Audience Until August 31
- » Alexandar Georgiev to Be Only Bulgarian-Born Player in Revised NHL Playoffs
- » Online Casinos: Top Reasons Why Casinos Are The Best In The UK