Bulgaria to Pay EUR 0.55 B to Russian Co over Abandoned Nuclear Project
An arbitration suit in Paris has ended with Bulgaria being forced to pay EUR 550 M to Russia's Atomstroyexport, Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov has said.
He has told reporters that his "biggest fears" are gone after the ruling. The sum is nearly fifty percent of the one demanded by Atomstroyexport after a previous government, also led by Borisov, announced it was ditching the Belene Nuclear Plant project.
The country will now have to provide the money to purchase the equipment Atomstroyexport had produced for the plant.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The EC is holding Talks with Bulgaria due to Fears that there may be Exports from "Lukoil"
- » Bulgaria: Increase in the Price of Gas by nearly 19% for December due to Expensive Gas stored in Chiren
- » For the first time since January: Brent Crude Oil fell below $82 per Barrel
- » Bulgarian Minister: It makes no sense to Close our Coal Plants right now
- » The Fuel Discount in Bulgaria: When will it be over?
- » European Commission: Bulgaria cannot sell Russian Oil even if it is Refined