Gas Interconnector with Bulgaria to Be Completed in 2016, Romania Says
A Romanian government official has said that a gas interconnection between Romania and Bulgaria is expected to come on stream in 2016.
"The interconnector will be completed by the end of this year," Romania's secretary of state at the Ministry of Energy, Corina Popescu, told an energy traders conference on Wednesday, according to Reuters.
Bulgaria, which receives from Russia almost all the gas it needs through a pipeline transiting Ukraine, has stepped up efforts to diversify its sources and routes of supply.
Bulgaria’s Prime Minister Boyko Borisov on Wednesday expressed hope that Romania would complete as soon as possible its part of the project for the construction of the gas link.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Gas is Expected to be nearly 30% Cheaper in February, Heating and Electricity will Not Increase in price
- » 32,000 Barrels of Fuel reach Ukraine from Bulgaria Every Day
- » Bulgarian MPs Banned the Export of Crude Oil and Oil Products from Russia
- » By the End of 2024, Bulgaria will be able to Import Russian Crude Oil
- » Protest in Sofia under the slogan "To Protect Bulgaria’s Energy Security"
- » Azerbaijan Confirmed the Supply of 12 Billion cubic meters of Gas to the EU in 2023