Gas Interconnector with Bulgaria to Be Completed in 2016, Romania Says
A Romanian government official has said that a gas interconnection between Romania and Bulgaria is expected to come on stream in 2016.
"The interconnector will be completed by the end of this year," Romania's secretary of state at the Ministry of Energy, Corina Popescu, told an energy traders conference on Wednesday, according to Reuters.
Bulgaria, which receives from Russia almost all the gas it needs through a pipeline transiting Ukraine, has stepped up efforts to diversify its sources and routes of supply.
Bulgaria’s Prime Minister Boyko Borisov on Wednesday expressed hope that Romania would complete as soon as possible its part of the project for the construction of the gas link.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Moscow: Sofia's Refusal of the New Payment System leads to more Expensive Gas
- » Sofia: A Protest against High Fuel Prices is planned for Today
- » Oil is Cheaper by more than 5% against one-month Price Lows
- » Von der Leyen: Reducing Heating in Europe by 2 Degrees will Replace Nord Stream Supplies
- » Bulgaria: Fuel Prices with a New Peak, Petrol and Diesel reach BGN 3.50 per Liter
- » Russia is already China's largest Oil Importer