Bulgaria to Provide Additional BGN 44 M for Completing Fence at Border with Turkey
The Bulgarian approved on Wednesday the allocation of additional BGN 44 M for completing the fence at the border with Turkey, which is aimed at countering the constantly increasing migrant pressure exerted on the Bulgarian-Turkish border.
The temporary facility is of exceptional importance for protecting the state border and getting under control the refugee wave.
The funds will be allocated for the construction of a 61-kilometre section of the fence and its accompanying road.
Speaking to journalists in parliament on Wednesday, MP Valeri Simeonov, chairperson of the parliamentary group of the Patriotic Front (PF), assured that the project has been completed and the funding has been secured.
At present, more than 130 kilometres of the fence have been constructed, with another forty kilometres to be completed by the end of July.
In Simeonov's words, once completed the total length of the fence will measure 230-240 kilometres, Darik radio quotes him as saying. He expressed hope that the fence will be completed as soon as possible and not later than the end of the year.
The government approved the allocation of additional funding for completing the fence in the section along the Rezovska river after Simeonov had discussed the issue with Finance Minister Vladislav Goranov. Prime Minister Boyko Borisov has also been informed.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » North Macedonia's Foreign Minister: We must make the Changes in our Constitution
- » Montenegro 2023: Deciding between the Past and the Future
- » The Мinimum Wage in Greece becomes 780 Еuros
- » Borrell: North Macedonia made a Commitment to Include in its Constitution Citizens of other Nationalities such as Bulgarians
- » Greece is Blocked by a Massive General Strike
- » The Croatian Government will Introduce a Fixed Price for Basic Food Products