Romania's President Klaus Iohannis Begins 2-Day Visit to Bulgaria
Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev is to receive Romanian counterpart Klaus Iohannis as the latter is visiting the country for the first time.
A closed-doors meeting is aimed at discussing options to boost bilateral trade and challenges ahead of the EU and NATO partnership of Sofia and Bucharest, Plevneliev's press office says.
Meetings with Prime Minister Boyko Borisov and Parliament Speaker Tsetska Tsacheva are also on the Romanian President's schedule.
A Bulgarian-Romanian business forum is also due later on Wednesday and will be opened by the two heads of state.
The second day of the visit will inlcude a trip to the northern Bulgarian city of Pleven, where Iohannis will pay homage to the Romanian soldiers who perished in the battles of the Russo-Turkish war of 1877-1878 (which ended with the liberation of Bulgaria from Ottoman rule).
He will later inspect construction works for the Bulgaria-Romania gas link crossing the Danube river.
Plevneliev was the first head of state to visit Iohannis after he was sworn in early last year.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » US Ambassador: The Ties between the American and Bulgarian People have Never Been Stronger
- » US Ambassador to Bulgaria: Democracy is Impossible without a Vibrant Civil Sector
- » The US to Bulgaria and North Macedonia: Quickly Solve your Problems and Reduce Tension
- » North Macedonia Promised to Not Allow Incidents during the Celebration of Gotse Delchev, Bulgaria with Measures against Provocateurs
- » The Foreign Ministry will Demand the Access of Bulgarian Citizens to North Macedonia to be Ensured
- » A Visit of a Bulgarian Theater Production was Canceled in North Macedonia