Romania's President Klaus Iohannis Begins 2-Day Visit to Bulgaria
Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev is to receive Romanian counterpart Klaus Iohannis as the latter is visiting the country for the first time.
A closed-doors meeting is aimed at discussing options to boost bilateral trade and challenges ahead of the EU and NATO partnership of Sofia and Bucharest, Plevneliev's press office says.
Meetings with Prime Minister Boyko Borisov and Parliament Speaker Tsetska Tsacheva are also on the Romanian President's schedule.
A Bulgarian-Romanian business forum is also due later on Wednesday and will be opened by the two heads of state.
The second day of the visit will inlcude a trip to the northern Bulgarian city of Pleven, where Iohannis will pay homage to the Romanian soldiers who perished in the battles of the Russo-Turkish war of 1877-1878 (which ended with the liberation of Bulgaria from Ottoman rule).
He will later inspect construction works for the Bulgaria-Romania gas link crossing the Danube river.
Plevneliev was the first head of state to visit Iohannis after he was sworn in early last year.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Fifty People Protested in front of the Bulgarian Embassy in Skopje
- » Foreign Minister: Joining the OECD is Bulgaria's most Serious Integration Effort after the EU and NATO
- » Russian Senator: Bulgaria should Freeze because it is an Unfriendly Country
- » Bulgaria Suspends Visas for Russians with Property in Bulgaria and for Tourists from Russia
- » Russia Expelled 14 Bulgarian Diplomats
- » The Russian Ambassador expressed Hope that things will Change in Bulgaria