Romania's President Klaus Iohannis Begins 2-Day Visit to Bulgaria
Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev is to receive Romanian counterpart Klaus Iohannis as the latter is visiting the country for the first time.
A closed-doors meeting is aimed at discussing options to boost bilateral trade and challenges ahead of the EU and NATO partnership of Sofia and Bucharest, Plevneliev's press office says.
Meetings with Prime Minister Boyko Borisov and Parliament Speaker Tsetska Tsacheva are also on the Romanian President's schedule.
A Bulgarian-Romanian business forum is also due later on Wednesday and will be opened by the two heads of state.
The second day of the visit will inlcude a trip to the northern Bulgarian city of Pleven, where Iohannis will pay homage to the Romanian soldiers who perished in the battles of the Russo-Turkish war of 1877-1878 (which ended with the liberation of Bulgaria from Ottoman rule).
He will later inspect construction works for the Bulgaria-Romania gas link crossing the Danube river.
Plevneliev was the first head of state to visit Iohannis after he was sworn in early last year.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Speaker of Parliament: North Macedonia should Not Waste Time but should fulfill the Criteria for EU Membership
- » Bulgaria’s MFA on Kovachevski's words: Any Analogy with the Suffering of the Ukrainian people is Cynical and Inadmissible
- » Bulgaria’s Foreign Minister urged India to influence Russia to End the War against Ukraine
- » North Macedonia explained why a Bulgarian MEP was not allowed to enter the country
- » The Macedonian MFA: Bulgarian MEP Kovachev does not meet the Conditions for Entry into the Country
- » North Macedonia did not allow a Bulgarian MEP to enter the country