Islamic State Leader Al-Baghdadi Reportedly Killed in Air Strike
The leader of the Islamic State group, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi is said to have been killed in Syria, Daily Mirror reported on Tuesday.
The online edition of the British newspaper quoted a statement from Amaq news agency linked to Islamic State as saying: "Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi has been killed by coalition air strikes on Raqqa on the fifth day of Ramadan."
Raqqa is the stronghold of Islamic State.
A spokesman of U.S.-led coalition fighting the Jihadist militants has said that he had nothing to confirm the reports about al-Baghdadi “at this time”, according to mirror.co.uk.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Amid another US Delegation visit, China conducts Fresh Military Drills around Taiwan
- » UN: By November 15, the World Population will reach 8 Billion People
- » Day 173 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Over 40 Countries called on Russia to Hand Over the Zaporizhzhia NPP to Kyiv
- » 35 Tons of Humanitarian Aid for Ukrainians to Arrive in Bulgaria
- » 75 Years of Progressive India
- » Day 172 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russian Soldiers who Shoot at and from Zaporizhzhia NPP are Targeted by Ukrainians