Islamic State Leader Al-Baghdadi Reportedly Killed in Air Strike
The leader of the Islamic State group, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi is said to have been killed in Syria, Daily Mirror reported on Tuesday.
The online edition of the British newspaper quoted a statement from Amaq news agency linked to Islamic State as saying: "Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi has been killed by coalition air strikes on Raqqa on the fifth day of Ramadan."
Raqqa is the stronghold of Islamic State.
A spokesman of U.S.-led coalition fighting the Jihadist militants has said that he had nothing to confirm the reports about al-Baghdadi “at this time”, according to mirror.co.uk.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Referendum In Russia: Putin is Allowed To Remain President Until 2036
- » 50,000 New Cases of COVID-19 in US, Trump: I Fully Support the Masks. I Think They Work
- » New Zealand's Health Minister Resignes After Breaches of Lockdown Rules
- » UK Restarts Tourism on July 4
- » Covid-19: Infection in USA is Getting Worse
- » Another Black Man Killed by the Police in America Sparks New Wave of Protests