Islamic State Leader Al-Baghdadi Reportedly Killed in Air Strike
The leader of the Islamic State group, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi is said to have been killed in Syria, Daily Mirror reported on Tuesday.
The online edition of the British newspaper quoted a statement from Amaq news agency linked to Islamic State as saying: "Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi has been killed by coalition air strikes on Raqqa on the fifth day of Ramadan."
Raqqa is the stronghold of Islamic State.
A spokesman of U.S.-led coalition fighting the Jihadist militants has said that he had nothing to confirm the reports about al-Baghdadi “at this time”, according to mirror.co.uk.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » France: 16 Coronavirus High-Risk Countries with a Compulsary Testing on Arrival
- » Donald Trump Suggests Delay to 2020 US Election, Republicans: You Can't Delay It
- » Britain Tightens Measures Against COVID-19
- » European Commission Signs Contract with Gilead to Secure EU Access to Remdesivir
- » Belgium, Greece, Germany and Austria Tighten Measures Against the Coronavirus
- » Ukrainian President Recommends Joaquin Phoenix's Film to End Hours-Long Hostage Siege