EU Regional Commissioner Set to Visit Bulgaria on Thursday, Friday
EU Regional Policy Commissioner Corina Cretu is expected to arrive on a two-day visit to Bulgaria on Thursday.
On Thursday, Cretu will be in Sofia for participation at the 7th European Commission Evaluation Conference “The Result Orientation: Cohesion Policy at Work”.
On Friday, the EU commissioner is scheduled to be in Ruse to deliver a keynote speech at the high-level conference on “Sustainability of tourism development and security in the Danube region”.
Her schedule for Friday also foresees a visit to two EU cross-border cooperation projects – “Baba Tonka” secondary school and the emergency response centre ISU Giurgiu.
This will be Cretu’s third visit to Bulgaria in her capacity as commissioner in the past year. Last year, she visited Bulgaria in May and then in December for the opening of the first science and technology park in Bulgaria – Sofia Tech Park.
Prior to her visit to Bulgaria, Cretu will receive the newly elected leader of the largest opposition Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP), Korneliya Ninova on Wednesday. EU Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic is also to participate in the meeting with Ninova.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria