Austrian Police Prevent Attempted Smuggling of 17 Migrants from Hungary
Austrian police thwarted an attempt to smuggle 17 irregilar migrants from Hungary, the AP reported on Sunday.
Police have found the people – 11 men and six women – inside a Romanian-registered vehicle stopped for a check at Nickelsdorf, on the border with Hungary. The irregular migrants came from Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria and Pakistan.
The driver of the vehicle, a Romanian citizen, has been detained over suspected people smuggling, according to the AP.
Austria re-introduced checks on its border with Hungary to curb the flow of irregular migrants in April.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » European Commission Signs Contract with Gilead to Secure EU Access to Remdesivir
- » Belgium, Greece, Germany and Austria Tighten Measures Against the Coronavirus
- » Michel Barnier Accused Boris Johnson of Not Keeping His Promises
- » Brussels warns: Coronavirus Pandemic Threatens the Future of the Eurozone
- » Heads of EU and Western Balkans Countries will Meet Virtually
- » The EC Raised 7,4 Billion Euros to Develop a COVID-19 Vaccine