Greece Detains Ship with Arms Supplies Sailing from Bulgaria to Uruguay
A ship sailing under the flag of Antigua and Barbuda has been detained by Greek authorities at the port of Piraeus.
Two containers with military equipment and arms supplies have been found on board the vessel sailing from the Bulgarian port of Burgas to Uruguay.
The ship was detected by a patrol ship of the Greek coast guard near Kafireas on Thursday.
The captain of the ship complied with the instructions of the cost guard and changed the course to Piraeus.
After inspection it was established that the ship was transporting two containers with military equipment and arms supplies.
The customs documents were not in compliance with the legal requirements for EU exports and there was no special permission for transport of arms.
The ship has been detained by the anti-drug trafficking unit while central port authorities are conducting preliminary investigation.
At this point, there is no information on the number of crew members and their nationalities, private NOVA TV informs.
So far, Bulgaria's foreign ministry has no information for any Bulgarians on board the ship.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Stoltenberg: We Look Forward to Northern Macedonia Joining NATO
- » The Early Elections in Northern Macedonia Will Be on April 12th
- » Erdogan Threatens EU to Open Borders to Refugees
- » Northern Macedonia is Expected to Receive the Green Light to Begin EU Accession Talks
- » Turkey Sells Two of Its Islands
- » Athens Blamed Ankara For the Migrant Crisis