Bulgaria, Slovenia Discuss Regional Cooperation, Enhanced Role for SEECP
Good neighborly relations and the development of transport and energy links between Balkan countries are key to the prosperity of the region, Bulgarian Foreign Minister Daniel Mitov has said at a meeting with the President of the Slovenian Parliament Milan Brglez in Sofia.
Regional cooperation is a key step towards fostering democratic and economic development of the entire region, Mitov added, according to a statement issued by the Foreign Ministry in Sofia.
The head of Slovenia’s Parliament is on an official visit to Bulgaria at the invitation of his Bulgarian counterpartTsetska Tsacheva for participation in the plenary session of the Parliamentary Assembly of the South-East European Cooperation Process (SEECP).
"In Slovenia, there is no doubt about the importance of cooperation with Bulgaria," Milan Brglez commented, according to the statement. He also expressed his support for enhancing the role of the SEECP, stressing the need for more in-depth parliamentary cooperation within the process.
Daniel Mitov and Milan Brglez also discussed issues of the current international and European agenda, including the migration crisis in Europe, the conflict in Ukraine and relations with Russia.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Ambassador to UK Marin Raykov: The Absence of Bulgaria From The UK's Non-Quarantine List is Abnormal
- » Bulgaria's PM Boyko Borissov Sends Congratulatory Address to US President Donald Trump on US Independence Day
- » Bulgaria's PM Borissov and Serbian President Vucic Inspected Balkan Stream Construction
- » Bulgaria Asks Committee on Resolving Historical Issues with North Macedonia
- » Presidents Rumen Radev and Salome Zourabichvili Discussed Bulgaria’s and Georgia’s Readiness to Boost Bilateral Trade after the Coronavirus
- » Head of State Rumen Radev Discussed with his Serbian Counterpart President Aleksandar Vucic Overcoming the Crisis Caused by the Coronavirus